Sacked Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho is back in work – he’s landed his own show on Russian state television.
His new fortnightly programme will be called ‘On the touchline with Jose Mourinho’ – and the Portuguese will provide coverage of the UEFA Champions League from March 7.
The 56-year-old will be analysing the matches for the station with no imminent sign of a return to management on the cards.
“I’m going to talk about football on RT. What else did you think I was going to do?,” Mourinho says in a promotional video filmed at an ice hockey rink posted on Twitter by RT Sports.
Mourinho also appeared at a hockey rink in Moscow’s suburbs this month, slipping on the ice and taking a nasty tumble while performing a ceremonial puck drop.
The 56-year-old, who was sacked by Manchester United in December, worked as a pundit for RT during last year’s World Cup.
RT, which broadcasts news in English, Arabic and Spanish, says it aims to offer an alternative view to what it describes as mainstream western media and to acquaint viewers with Russia’s perspective on current affairs.
Critics of the channel, formerly known as Russia Today, accuse it of pro-Kremlin propaganda.
United had become a “bit of a laughing stock” under Mourinho according to defender Phil Jones.
Jones insists United have turned the corner with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as they moved into the Premier League’s top four at the weekend after beating Fulham 3-0.
“Everyone’s got to take us seriously now,” he said, via Goal.com .
“We might have been a bit of a laughing stock at the beginning of the season but we’re certainly not now. We’ve proven that in the last 10 or 12 games. We’re improving, we’re still getting better.
“It was tough for everyone involved. The club, the supporters, everyone. But it’s about becoming stronger and seeing that through.
“I’ve said it in the past, we’ve not achieved anything yet, we’re under no illusions but we’re heading in the right direction.”